Monday, September 3, 2012

Katy Perry Live in Manila 2012

With all the hype going around about Manila with the release of Katy Perry's new movie (finally!), I decided to share my concert experience of Katy Perry with you.




My sister had done her research way ahead in advance and had found out that if fans in costume went near the backstage and asked for Katy Perry's sister, Angela, they could be given free backstage passes. Unfortunately, due to the current state Katy was in (her recent separation from Russell Brand which led to a divorce later on), she probably didn't feel very sociable and we weren't able to find any backstage passes. :(



We made friends with backup dancer Leah Adler on Twitter, and she was nice enough to meet us outside! She was actually the one who told us Angela wasn't in Manila. :( But that was okay because so many other things happened!




We also got featured by Jamba Juice, we were given free drinks in exchange of being photographed and included in their promotional video.


Night time came around and it was finally time to go inside. 


While waiting for the show to start, I found another California Girl! It was pretty cute seeing two different Katy Outfits at once. :)


I also bumped into one of my celebrity crushes, Derek Ramsay! 


This is the show! Hands down my favorite shot that I took of her that night. I had so much fun and Katy Perry threw a wonderful show!


This was her singing Not Like the Movies. It was a very sweet song where she started on a swing that raised towards the middle of the act.


Of course her encore was California Girls, at the end she brought out a foam gun and sprayed everyone! Confetti also fell from the ceilingand beach balls were being bounced through the audience.


After the show, we went home, freshened up then went to the after party at Republiq, hoping to see Katy.



Unfortunately, she wasn't there :( We bumped into a Younghusband though! (sorry I don't know which one this is, I'll take a wild guess and say it was James)


 And we were lucky enough to get a shot with the opening act of the concert, Skeet Skeet!

It was a really fun night that I won't ever forget. I love you, Katy Perry!

'Til the next post!

1 comment: