Thursday, March 17, 2011

Is this the real life, is this just fantasy?



When I went to Cebu 2 years ago, I had heard that there were these cookies that were a must-try. I ended up buying about 6 containers to give to my relatives back home, and 3 for my family.


Finally, I found some at an extremely good price :D Apparently, they bring them in cheaper than the deli in Cebu! Our cookies were wiped out within two days, and I don't think my parents even got to taste them, I ate most of them, but my sister and cousin had some too. I just couldn't help myself! I love sweets, especially cookies and chocolate!


These lace cookies aren't your ordinary lace cookies. They're two super-thin cookies sandwiched with chocolate in the middle. You can buy them in separate flavors of mint chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate, but if you buy the big 600g container they have it in assorted of milk, dark and white chocolate.


My personal favorite kind of chocolate is dark chocolate, but for these lace cookies I'd have to say that my favorite is the semi-sweet chocolate because it doesn't overpower the taste of the cookies. When eating the dark, all you taste is crunchy dark chocolate. At least you can feel the flavors of the cookie and the semi-sweet chocolate blending in your mouth. It's like a party in your mouth!


And that just reminded me of ratatouille, when fireworks would go off in the mouse's mouth while he was eating. Gotta love that movie! :)

'Til the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment