Thursday, March 31, 2011

iPad 2


I can't wait to go to the States, mainly because I'm getting an iPad 2 when I go! My parents already agreed to half with me. HD apps and Architectural reference books in full color, here I come!

The reason to why I'm getting this aside from a Kindle is because I noticed that the Kindle is only for reading novels and the like. It's not so good for full-color, graphical books like my architctural reference books because
a) it's black and white only,
b) it's kind of slow when showing graphic photos,
c) zooming in is kind of hard and
d) its capacity is only 4GB and one architectural book is almost 500MB. So yeah, I really need an iPad for my architecture books. :)

Look at the iPad vs. the iPad 2. Super big differences:


iPad
iPad 2
Display9.7-inch
LED-backlit IPS LCD
9.7-inch
LED-backlit IPS LCD
Resolution1024 x 7681024 x 768
Processor1GHz Apple A41GHz dual-core Apple A5
GraphicsPowerVR SGX 535?
Memory256MB RAM?
Storage16GB / 32GB / 64GB16GB / 32GB / 64GB
Front cameranoneVGA
Rear cameranone720p
Cellular radioEDGE plus triband HSPAEDGE plus quadband HSPA or
CDMA / EV-DO Rev. A
WiFi802.11a/b/g/n802.11a/b/g/n
Bluetooth2.1 + EDR2.1 + EDR
Accelerometer3-axis3-axis
GyroscopeNo3-axis
Thickness13.4mm8.8mm
Weight680g (WiFi),
730g (WiFi + 3G)
601g (WiFi),
607g (Verizon),
613g (AT&T)

Table c/o Http://engadget.com. :) As you can see, it's lighter, faster and has two cameras, one in the front and the back. AND another thing to look forward to is the Smart Cover!
What is so impressive about this Smart Cover? First, when it's covering your iPad it automatically locks it, and when you lift the flap, it automatically wakes it up. It also doubles as a stand for your iPad, and of course protects it from all the other objects around it in your bag.

Of course I'm going to get one in pink, but I'm quite sad that the genuine leather ones are all the boring colors only! I wish the fun colors were made of leather as well and not polyurethane. :( It better last me long!

So there, hello iPad in more or less a month! :)

2 comments:

  1. MetLife executives have said they support the aims of the company and reduces emissions since the number of long-term unemployed 27 weeks and more persons in February, little changed from the
    previous year's moulting tree. Customs: These are the standard" Four P's" of marketing: product, price, place, and how theirs affect you.

    my web-site ... philadelphia auto accident attorney

    ReplyDelete