Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dinner at Home


I always feel like people tease me when I talk about my cooking or even dreaming of being a housewife in general, so every now and then I like to bring out the big guns and cook a feast for people. Hehehe




This was just a small meal for 4 girls on diets, so I made the menu a little lighter than I normally would have. We started off with Caprese Cups with Orzo then moved on to Pumpkin Soup in Teacups.


I put some nutmeg into my soup to give it a distinct flavor. :)



My piece de resistance (or should I say, pièce de résistance) for the evening was my 3-Mushroom Ravioli with a Cream Cheese Sauce. It took me a couple of hours to make this because I made everything from scratch!



And if you don't believe me, here's a picture to prove it! Hahaha. This my last batch of ravioli and we didn't have enough pasta anymore for the last two holes in my ravioli maker. I really hate making anything that you have to knead. :| It was such a workout, making the pasta from scratch!


And of course we needed to have a little protein. I just made a simple herb chicken, I followed my Lola's old recipe. Turned out amazing, just like how her cooking tastes ;)

I forgot to take a photo, but I also served a Canonigo for dessert. It's like a Braso de Mercedes but the yellow sauce is on the side that you can serve yourself.

Of course, this dinner wouldn't have been possible without my two helpers, Nora and Melanie. They were my superstars!

Til the next post,



1 comment: