Wednesday, August 4, 2010

PEACHES

I've always loved peaches :D I live in a tropical country so unfortunately, we don't grow them over here and we hardly import them because they spoil easily. I've never seen them on the market over here, but if I did, no matter how sour they were I would go crazy and buy at least half a dozen! Ahhh I looooove peaches!

So you could just imagine my surprise when I saw a box air-flown from Japan in my Lolo's living room! We get fruits a few times throughout the year, sometimes we get apples, strawberries or whatever's in season. The best Japanese fruit I have ever tried is seriously the peach. Words cannot describe how much I love Japanese peaches. Haha

When I saw the box, I immediately asked for three to be peeled and cut. They were very ripe already and had to be eaten within the day before they became too mushy. They didn't disappoint me at all. My sister says they taste like cologne, and I guess that's what they taste like. They taste like they smell good. Am I making sense? They're sweet, soft and juicy! :)
My Lola insisted that I bring a small tupperware of peaches on my plane ride to Singapore. I'm glad that I finally agreed to bring them with me despite my worries about the juices leaking into my handbag. They were soooooo yummy! :)

When I got to Singapore, SURPRISE! Look at what I found in Chinatown! :)

These peaches were imported from the USA by an old Chinese man, and I almost didn't buy any because I remembered from my past visits to the States that they were very tiny, firm and sour. These were about 3/4 the size of a Japanese peach and though his sign said "please do not press!," I still checked on them and they were pretty tender from the outside. So when I had them peeled, WOW I was smitten from the first bite! Not as good as the Japanese peach but definitely the best US peach I have tried :D

Ahhhhh I love peacheeeees!!! Now to stop dreaming of peaches get back to work. 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment