Wednesday, October 10, 2012

OPI + Essie Matte About You

So much changes in one year, don't you think? I had made a previous not-so-good review about Essie Matte About You in March of 2011, and now look at how I paint my nails!





L-R Hally Hansen SALON MANICURE Base Coat, OPI Teal the Cows Come Home, Essie Matte About You


This is the color without the matte on top. OPI Teal the Cows Come Home is a beautiful color. My sister told me that she got it because it reminded her of Hallie's nails in the Parent Trap, haha!


And here is the color with Matte About You! I don't mean to brag, but I'm so much happier with the way this manicure came out because I could really see how much my nail painting improved since the past year. Well it better, because I change my nail polish up to 3 times a week! Haha.


I also like this OPI shade better as a matte than glossy. I've had this manicure for about 4 days already and only one nail has chipped, while I was opening a pack of chips. But otherwise everything's looking a-okay. :)


So you'll definitely be seeing more of matte soon. 'Til the next post!

2 comments:

  1. Looove that blue! :) I've always wanted to try a matte topcoat over sparkly black polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! I find that matte looks best with shimmer polishes. They look like dead nails over flat ones :\ But lately I've been into flat cremes :)

    ReplyDelete